Standard Issue Toolkit
The SIT, otherwise known as the 'box o' tricks', or the 'magic box', is the Mobile Infantry Engineering Division's standard-issue toolkit. It is constructed of a hard-wearing, rugged black plastic in order to keep weight down but maintain durability. Despite being a rather unassuming black hard-case, it is nevertheless filled with
everything most things the engineer may require in day-to-day activities and every engineer is expected to carry an SIT with the at least the standard contents in it
All SITs contain the following:
- 3x Adjustable spanners (6", 9", and 12")
- 1x FED-STD multi-tool (Allen-keys, screwdriver, pliers, knife, wire stripper, crimping tool)
- 1x Mk17 Plasma Torch + 5x refill cylinders
- 1x Light-weight, extendable crowbar
- 1x Soft-face hammer
- 1x Punch set
- 1x Extendable sledge-axe
- 1x Miniaturised power-saw
- 1x Entrenching tool
- 1x Multi-Spectrum Detection Device
- 2x MSI-AM241 power cells
- 1x Roll of 200 sandbags
- 1x Mechanical consumables kit
There is also space for the following in specialized toolkits:
- 1x Electrical consumables kit
- 1x HCSI (Handheld Computer Software Interface)
- FED-STD multi-tool
- - contains all Federation standard Allen-key sizes and screwdriver configurations, including security and Torx bits. It also contains pliers with side-cutters, a serrated and regular knife, a wire stripping tool, and a crimping tool for the three standard-sized wire crimps.
- Light-weight, extendable crowbar
- - extends out in a telescoping fashion to a length of 1.5m (4.92ft) without sacrificing durability or strength. It features a curved, twin-pronged end, and a straight, single-pronged end, much like standard crowbars.
- Extendable sledge-axe
- - similar to the crowbar, extends out to a length of 1m (3.28ft). It features a twin-head on top (axe on one side, sledge-hammer on the other), and a spike on the bottom.
- Miniaturised power-saw
- - a small, battery-operated reciprocating saw, sporting a diamond-coated titanium nano-edged blade.
- Mechanical consumables kit
- - contains many standard replacement parts and consumables including various mechanical fasteners (nuts, bolts, screws, washers, etc), a standard-sizes o-ring and gasket kit, bearings, servo-motors, air-tubing, PTFE tape, grease, and oil, etc.
- Electrical consumables kit
- - contains wiring reels of various gauges, butt connectors, bootlace ferrules, terminal connectors, terminal strips/chocblocks in various gauges, soldering iron, solder, flux, heat shrink tubing, electrical tape (blue, brown, earth, black, grey), and cable ties. It also contains a box of various common electrical components including, but not limited to, relays, multiple circuit breakers, fuses, residual current devices, resistors, capacitors, LEDs, etc.